There is a difference between problems, excuses and the reasons why we don’t achieve the goals we set in business. This discussion addresses the goal achievement problems that get in the way.
Reasons might be circumstances beyond our control. Excuses are the blocks we put in our own way that we accept as fact, or unchangeable. Problems are the challenges to overcome in order to grow the business, prosper at a higher level, so the business delivers the lifestyle you dream of. Left unresolved, these problems become show-stoppers, making it very hard to achieve the goals you set for your business.
Your Goal Achievement Problems
Do you know what your 3 top problems are that hold you back from achieving your goals for the business? Have you thought through what they are? Why they exist? How to address them?
Here’s what I think are the top 3 goal achievement problems preventing entrepreneurs from achieving breakthrough results that catapult their business to the next level.
1. They don’t have a strategic focus for the business; they scramble hand to mouth or from fire to fire with no time for anything more strategic. For example:
- They don’t know what it will take or what it will cost them to achieve their goals, so they scramble, running blind with no direction.
- They are still stuck being the technician, the expert, the professional in their business.
- They are very good at what they do, but never set up the business to support that expertise/offering.
2. They are risk averse; afraid of [pick one]: failure, embarrassment of failure, making a mistake, disappointing someone [family, team, clients, vendors], the cost, a commitment, mastery or excellence required; to try for big goals.
- They are fixated on and paralyzed by money or don’t know what they don’t know.
- They are afraid someone will see through them to their lack of sales, their debt, or the success image they project.
3. They self-sabotage any lofty dreams and goals:
- They think it takes great luck to achieve big goals.
- They are rigidly settled in current routines – [the definition of insanity].
- They don’t know how to plan for goal achievement and implement that plan for goal achievement.
- They burn out, go broke or give up; before they build a foundation to support the business of their dreams.
What’s Stopping You?
Do you know what your top 3 problems are, stopping you from achieving your goals for the business? Are your goal achievement problems show-stoppers?
The statistics all confirm that 95% of businesses don’t survive 5 years. That’s terrible odds for the 283,000 new businesses launched every month in the U.S. I’m on a campaign to change those odds. Interested?
Share your thoughts on our Facebook Page.
Goal Achievement Expert