Cups Full of Hope!
1) TO ENTER A BRA/REGISTER
• There is a non-refundable $25 fee per bra to enter Cups Full of Hope. You MUST register to reserve your submission space. If you are having trouble with registration online, contact our offices at 202-747-1782 X100 OR by email at email@example.com.
• Only one entry per person/artist; if multiple artists work on one bra, only one person’s contact info should be supplied & will be used for all communications.
• Bras MUST be postmarked by Friday, September 23, 2011.
2) CREATING YOUR BRA*
• Use a new, padded 36C bra with underwire & straps fully extended as a design base.
• The front, back, both straps and sides of the bra MUST be completely covered (using fabric, paint, baubles, etc).
• Choose non-perishable decorations. Do NOT stitch the back of the bra closed.
• Each bra MUST have a tag attached which includes: name of artist, the bra title, a contact number and an email address.
• Each bra MUST be accompanied by a paragraph (250 words or less) on what inspired the creation.
• Your submission’s story, in 250 words or less, MUST be emailed to Debijo Wheatley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to email your bra title in the subject line, your name, and contact info when you send your story.
3) MAILING YOUR BRA
Mail in a sturdy box to: “Cups Full of Hope”, c/o Debijo Wheatley, 5713 Pamela Dr., Centreville, VA 20120
• Your box must be postmarked no later than Friday, September 23, 2011.
• The box MUST prominently show your name, bra title and all your contact information: name, street address, city, state and zip. Or you can print one of our labels to make this easier.
• Printable tags & labels for your entry are available in PDF format and may be obtained by calling 202-747-1782 x100 or emailing email@example.com
• A hard copy of your story with your name, the bra title at the top, a phone number, email address and a copy of your registration form MUST be inside the box with your bra. (Don’t forget to also email your story to Debijo Wheatley at debijo@designsbydebijo).
• The Cups Full of Hope Committee reserves the right to refuse to display any bra that does not meet these guidelines and that is not in good taste. Once submitted, your artwork becomes the full property of Cups Full of Hope. The committee reserves the right to edit stories due to space restrictions. By entering this exhibit, you have agreed to transfer ownership of your designed bra to SITC’s Cups Full of Hope Committee. Refused entries may be returned to their designers upon written request, and designer of refused entry agrees to forfeit entry fee if this occurs.
• Entries may be photographed and used for multimedia and advertising purposes.